News Letter Sign Up

Join Our Mailing List
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust

Friday, October 3, 2014

Window of thoughts by Wendy Kats

I just needed a little break from my Halloween projects cause I was starting to see mummies and spiders in my dreams!!!

But what to do.....I wanted something fun and fast but that was personal as well. In my box I found some familiar tags that I used before. While I was looking out my window the sun decided to peek in, and when I looked down at my tags I pictured them opening up like a window.......and this fun project was born.
Almost immediately the perfect paper popped into my head and I started a search party to locate them. They couldn't have gotten far as I recently used them on another project. It took me 10 minutes to find the Echo park - Reflections paper and this is the result......


I wanted to create something that would stand on it's own once it was opened up. I tried something new on binding the back together and found a piece of suede string  that worked out very well.
The closure was a very easy pick cause I just love these metal catches from fabscraps.


It's hard to see from this side ( silly me forgot to make a picture of the back ) but I used my favorite ribbon to create some bows for the back. I started with some green ribbon but that didn't feel right at all so I went for the Ivory/black check from May Arts. The holes on the center tags I decorated with some of the brads from this cute collection.


The inside I kept as flat as possible ( have to admit that wasn't easy) but it also needed enough space for some fun tags and pockets. on the most left and right tags I used some square envelopes, and I made some pockets for the inner tags.
Hopefully you will like this Little in between project and I hope to see you next time.
Don't forget, if you have any questions you can always buzz me on Facebook or trough my blog, and of course you can find the link to the tutorial at the end of this post.

Have fun and stay safe and of course here is the tutorial link..... Windows of Thoughts tutorial 

Hugs 

Wendy 



No comments:

Post a Comment