News Letter Sign Up

Join Our Mailing List
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust

Saturday, October 25, 2014

SILLY BOY by Patti Sylvia

Hi, Patti here with another layout, this time I featured these adorable photos of my 2 year old grandson, Cash being absolutely silly while eating chocolate ice cream at the Ghirardelli soda fountain in Downtown Disney.  He thought his chocolate moustache was just the funniest thing and had us all cracking up.  He is quite the silly little boy.
 
I also featured the gorgeous Bo Bunny SOMEWHERE IN TIME Collection.  I wanted to take this rather vintage, grungy collection and put a more youthful, modern spin on it so I went for different size circles and put them in a vertical line.

 
I cut my photos to 3 x 3 square then double matted them to form a rectangle to breakup all the circles.


Silly Boy 005

In order to further enhance the youthful modern look I was trying to achieve I decided to keep this layout clean and used minimal embellishments opting for doodling some dots and circles outlining the circles using a copic multi liner .08 marker.  I used to do this on a lot of my layouts when I first started scrapbooking 6 years ago.  It felt good to re-visit an old technique that I hadn’t done in along time.  Next time you get stuck for an idea for a project, go back to an old tried and true technique.
I inked the edges of everything in Charcoal chalk ink.
I used some sticker letters I had in my stash that matched the collection and were circles to keep the title fun and playful and it helped to balance out the overall design.
 
This was a super fast and fun layout to do.
 
Thank you for looking  ~Patti ~

1 comment: